Expertise level: Medium
Setting up a DNS resolver for the server to a valid IP address is very important. DNS resolver is the first DNS server used when a DNS has been queried from the server.
A resolver is the file that tells the server which DNS server to use. Please do not change anything here if you are not sure about what you are doing.
You can use the following iWeb's resolvers:
- Classic servers: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Smart servers: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
Follow the instructions below to setup the resolver for your server:
- Log on to your WHM as root.
- Go to "Networking Setup" section.
- Click on "Resolver Configuration".
- Then click on "Proceed" button.
- Now you can enter the IP addresses for "Primary Resolver", "Secondary Resolver" and "Tertiary Resolver"(optional).
- Click "Continue".
The server's resolvers are now set up.
Please check the relevant screen captures: