Expertise level: Easy
When backups are enabled on your server, the option to restore accounts from WHM will then be available.
If an account goes corrupted due to hacking or to malicious contents for example, you can restore the account from the available backups.
(Please refer to the article "How to configure the backups from WHM" in order to activate the backups on your server.)
To restore an account, follow this procedure:
- Log on to your WHM as root.
- Go to "Backup" section.
- Click on "Restore Backups".
- Click on the button "daily", "weekly" or "monthly" based on which backup you need to restore the account from.
- Select the account from the drop-down list.
- Select the restore options you require.
- Click on "Start Restore" button and wait until the "Restore Complete" message appears.
Go through the relevant screen captures: