Expertise level: Easy
What is a package in WHM?
A package in WHM is basically a hosting plan. You have the possibility of choosing the various quotas and characteristics that will be set and you will later be able to assign that new hosting plan to specifics domains and accounts.
In order to create your own hosting packages inside WHM, follow these instructions:
- Log on to your WHM interface as root.
- Go to the "Packages" section.
- Then click on "Add package".
In the form below, enter what suits your needs:
In most cases, it is possible to write "unlimited" in order to have an unlimited quota.
- New package name: Type in the name of the package (Ex: Bronze plan, Silver plan, Gold plan, etc.).
- Quota (MB): Type in (in MB) the disk space quota allowed in this package.
- Bandwidth (MB): Type in the bandwidth (in MB) monthly allowance for this package.
- Max FTP Accounts: Type in the maximum FTP accounts allowed in this package.
- Max Email Accounts: Type in the maximum Email accounts allowed in this package.
- Max Email Lists: Type in the maximum mailing lists allowed in this package.
- Max Databases: Type in the maximum databases allowed in this package.
- Max Sub Domains: Type in the maximum sub-domains allowed in this package.
- Max Parked Domains: Type in the maximum domain aliases allowed in this package.
- Max Addon Domains: Type in the maximum addon-domains allowed in this package.
- Dedicated IP: Check this box if this package provides a dedicated IP.
- Shell Access: Check this box if this package provides SSH access to your server.
- Frontpage Extensions: Check this box if "frontpage" extensions have to be installed on assigned domains.
- CGI Access: Check this box if this package allows CGI scripts execution.
- cPanel Theme: Select in the dropdown menu the default cPanel theme that is to be configured.
- Feature list: Select the ''Feature Manager'' list that is to be used (Used to restrict available features in the cPanel interface. See "How to customize a user's cPanel functions?" article for more details).
- Locale: Select in the dropdown menu the default cPanel language that is to be used by default for that package.
From now on, whenever you create an account in WHM, you will have the possibility of assigning this new client a package and therefore avoid having to type quotas individually for each accounts.
Check the relevant screen capture: