Expertise level: Easy
It's necessary to install IonCube for Fantastico to work with cPanel. Fantastico will return a blank page without IonCube. Follow these simple instructions to install it (instructions are available if you don't have a control panel, scroll to the bottom of this article):
Log into WHM as root via SSH.
Run the below command to install IonCube Loaders without having to recompile Apache:
/scripts/phpextensionmgr install IonCubeLoader
IonCube Loaders can be selected under the Exhaustive Options List prior to compiling. Follow these images with instructions:
1. Log into WHM as root.
2. Go to the EasyApache section of WHM.
3. Click 'Next Step'.
4. Click on 'Next Step' again.
5. Click on 'Exhaustive Options List'.
6. Find 'IonCube Loader for PHP in the list and select the check box.
7. Click 'Ok' to confirm.
8. Scroll down and click 'Save and Build'.
9. Click 'Ok'.
10. Read and acknowledge the warning and click 'I understand'.
11. Allow time for the screen changes. Click 'Close' when done. That's it!
No control panel
- Download the latest loaders from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
- Extract the contents of the archived file.
- Upload the folder IONCUBE via FTP to your domain.
- Establish an SSH connection with the server using a client such as Putty for PC or Terminal for Mac. This is usually done using the command: SSH email@example.com.
- Browse the public folder where you uploaded the IONCUBE directory (search internet for change and view directory commands in Unix).
- Move the ioncube folder to a permanent location by entering:
mv ioncube /usr/local.
- Locate the php.ini file by entering:
It should be in /usr/local/lib/php.ini. Now that you know the location of php.ini you need to edit it:
- Find the location of other zend extensions in the file with:
ctrl + w: zend_extension
- Paste in your new line for ion cube loader (Replace x with your version of PHP eg. 4.4):
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_x.so
- Save the changes: ctrl + X then Y and enter.
- Restart the web server to take effect: /etc/init.d/httpd restart.