Expertise level: Medium
A Service Plan is a set of services and resources offered to hosting customers. Typically the resources include disk space on the server and bandwidth for hosting websites, and the services include web hosting, mail hosting, etc.
Similar to Hosting Plans, Reseller Plans place limits on what your resellers can do and the resources they (and their customers) can use.
Add a new Reseller Plan
1) Go to Service Plans. Then Reseller Plans.
2) Add a new plan by clicking the Add New Plan icon.
3) Enter a name for the new reseller plan.
4) The Overuse Policy defines what happens if the reseller's usage of disk space and traffic reaches the specified limits. Disallowing overuse will block overuse of resources. If a reseller goes over its allowed limit, it will only be suspended if you choose this option.
You can also choose to allow overuse. If you do this, you have the option of sending an e-mail whenever a limit is reached, according to the server's notification settings.
5) Similiar to the Overuse policy, you'll also need to set the Oversell policy. The default option is to allow overselling, which means the reseller can sell more resources than what's been allocated to them by this plan. In this case, a reseller is governed by actual resource usage instead of initial resource allocation.
6) Define the disk space and monthly traffic limit provided with the plan.
7) Choose Unlimited for any option you want to have no limit.
8) This is where we can set mail related settings like the number of mailboxes and their maximum allowed size. Below those are miscellaneous options that control the maximum number of additonal FTP accounts and total number of databases.
Let's set the Permissions next. Permissions define what privileges and services are provided with the subscription.
9) Choose the privileges you want to allow.
10) At the bottom, you can choose to allow management of the spam filter, antivirus, statistics, log rotation and more.
11) Go to IP Addresses.
12) Choose the shared IP addresses to allocate with this plan.
13) You can also let resellers using this plan use up to a set number of exclusive IP addresses. Click the checkbox next to Allocate exclusive IP addresses to do that. Then, click OK to create the new plan.
The new Reseller Plan has been created.
To change any of the plan options you've just seen, click a plan's name. To view a list of all Reseller Subscripions using certain plans, use these links in the Subscriptions column. To remove one or more plans, click the checkboxes next to the plans and then click the Remove link.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to create and manage Reseller Plans in Plesk.