Expertise level: Easy
- Log into phpMyAdmin: https://kb.iweb.com/hc/en-us/articles/230246648
- Select the database you want to back up. The database properties will be displayed.
- Click Export. This will generate a backup file that can be used to recreate your database.
- To save the backup, you will need to check Save as file, so that phpMyAdmin will prompt you to download the resulting backup file. You can rename the backup file and the compression. If you do choose to use compression this will allow you to have a smaller backup file on your desktop if you are planning to keep it as a personal archive. The recommended setting is "gzipped":
- Finish by clicking Go. This may take a few minutes to complete. You will then be prompted to save the file to your desktop.