As of March 2014 iWeb offers Microsoft SQL Server 2014. Here is a description of features now available with this updated version:
- In-Memory OLTP: Provides in-memory OLTP capabilities built into core SQL Server database to significantly improve database performance for your application. In-Memory OLTP is installed with the SQL Server 2014 Engine without requiring any additional actions and allows in-memory performance benefits without rewriting your database application or refreshing your hardware. SQL Server 2014 CTP2 enhancements include AlwaysOn support, increased TSQL surface area and the ability to migrate existing objects to In-Memory OLTP.
- In-Memory Updateable ColumnStore: Provides higher compression, richer query support and updateability of the existing ColumnStore for data warehousing workloads giving you even faster load speed, query performance, concurrency and even lower price per TB.
- Extending Memory to SSDs: Seamlessly and transparently integrates solid-state storage into SQL Server by using SSDs as an extension to the database buffer pool, allowing more in-memory processing and reducing disk input/output.
- Enhanced High Availability
- New AlwaysOn features: Availability Groups now support up to eight secondary replicas that remain available for reads at all times, even in the presence of network failures. Failover Cluster Instances now support Windows Cluster Shared Volumes, improving the utilization of shared storage and increasing failover resiliency.
- Improved Online Database Operations: Includes single partition online index rebuild and managing lock priority for table partition switch, reducing maintenance downtime impact.
- Encrypted Backup: Provides encryption support for backups, on-premise and in Windows Azure.
- IO Resource Governance: Resource pools now support configuration of minimum and maximum IOPS per volume, enabling more comprehensive resource isolation controls.
- Hybrid Scenarios:
- Smart Backup: Provides management and automation of SQL Server backups (from on-premise and Windows Azure) to Windows Azure storage.
- Add Azure Replica Wizard: Easily add replicas in Windows Azure to on-premise Availability Groups.
- SQL XI (XStore Integration): Supports SQL Server Database files (from on-premise and Windows Azure) on Windows Azure Storage blobs.
- Deployment Wizard: Easily deploy on-premise SQL Server databases to Windows Azure.
Please contact iWeb sales if you are interested in upgrading your version or purchasing a new license.