This procedure is also available for Ubuntu users.
iWeb technical support does not maintain a record of your user admin password. We recommend memorizing your password since keeping a written or electronic copy can leave you vulnerable to fraud or malicious activity. A reset option is available should you forget or misplace your password. Follow these simple steps:
NOTE: While resetting your password, your server will appear offline during the reboot. All online services and functions will be offline for a short period of time.
1. Log into your account at account.iweb.com.
2. Select your server.
3. Click on "Console" in the network section. This will open a new tab with a command prompt window which you will use to boot the server in single user mode and reset the password.
4. Go back to the Control Center (don't close the new console tab) and select the "Restart" option.
5. Then, very quickly, go back to the console tab in your browser to will see the operating system shutting down. Once it's shut down, you will be disconnected from the console and you will have to refresh the page in your browser very quickly.
6. While it's booting, continuously press a non-functional key (i.e.: right arrow key) on your keyboard to enter the grub menu.
7. Then, press 'e' to edit the first boot option.
8. Press the down arrow on your keyboard until the line starting with "kernel" is highlighted.
9. Press the 'e' key once again to edit the boot options.
10. Erase everything on the line until you reach the root=<UUID> parameter. Add the word "single" to the end of the UUID.
11. Press enter.
12. Press 'b' to boot in single user mode.
13. Watch it boot and then when it completes, change your root password using the 'passwd' command.
14. Reboot your operating system using the 'reboot' command.
15. Close the console window and connect with an SSH client with your newly set password! Don't forget it this time :)