Expertise level: Easy
Volume Snapshots offer a lot of flexibility. They can be used for:
- Horizontal scaling: Rapid deployment of multiple cloud servers based on existing "golden" volumes.
- Full bare metal backup: A cloud server can be created from an existing volume snapshot in order to extract backed up data.
- Volume parking: A snapshot can be created before deleting a cloud server to keep data without paying for a complete cloud server.
Prior to using this feature make sure it is available on your server: Live Cloning and Volume Snapshot availability
1. Log into your account at cc.iweb.com and select your cloud server.
2. Go to the Volume Snapshot tab and click Create.
3. Give a name to your volume snapshot and click the checkmark icon.
4. The snapshot will be stored under the Volume Management tab (on the left under Cloud Servers).