This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through MelbourneIT.com.au, and starts from the melbourneit.com.au home page.
Now let's learn how to create/register private nameservers (or custom nameservers).
Creating (or registering) private nameservers must be done with the domain registry where the domain name resides; to create ns1.yourdomain.com here, the domain yourdomain.com must be at this registry.
1) Click My Account.
2) Enter your MelbourneIT.com.au User Name and Password in the boxes here.
3) Then click Log In.
You are now logged in to your MelbourneIT.com.au account.
4) Click Manage Domain Names.
5) Select the domain for which you want to create the private nameservers.
6) Click Change Nameservers.
7) Then click Go.
8) Enter the new Primary and Secondary nameserver names in these boxes.
9) Then enter the new nameserver's associated IP addresses in these boxes (the IP addresses would have been provided to you by your web host).
10) When ready, click the Continue button to have the new nameservers created.
Note: "registering private nameservers" requires you to register two separate nameservers (i.e. ns1 and ns2), each with it's own unique IP address.
Remember that after you submit your new nameservers and IP addresses to the registry, it can take 24-48 hours for the new nameservers to propagate, after you make these DNS changes (just like for new domain name registrations).
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to register (or create) new private (or custom) nameservers. Remember that the domain name for which you want nameservers created, must reside in this registry.