This tutorial assumes you are already logged in to your Joomla admin panel.
1) Click Site.
2) Then Media Manager.
The Media Manager is just like a file manager except it shows only media files in your image directory.
Let's create a new folder and upload an image.
3) Type a new name for your folder.
4) Click Create Folder.
5) Now, click to open the folder we just created.
6) Click Browse.
7) Select your media file and click Open.
8) Now click Start Upload.
Now let's see how to delete a file.
We can see our uploaded file here. Note that larger files may take several minutes to finish uploading.
9) Click the red X under the file.
The file we uploaded has been deleted. Now let's see how to change the way items are viewed.
10) Go back to the main directory.
11) Select Detail View.
Scroll down and right.
Instead of just thumbnails, the files are now shown with their dimensions and size.
That's it! You now know how to use the Media Manager in Joomla.