1) Click to expand the Posts options, located in the left sidebar.
2) Click Categories.
3) To create a new category, type in a Name.
4) Type in the Slug which is the URL-friendly version of the name.
5) Scroll down to Parent. You can choose to select a category.
6) Enter a Description. Click Add New Category.
You can quickly edit a category's information in the settings on the right.
7) Make any necessary changes or click Cancel.
8) Delete a category by clicking this link.
9) Click OK to confirm.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to manage categories in WordPress.
This is article 6 of 12 in the WordPress series. Please click here for the index.