Expertise level: Easy
SSL stands for "Secure Socket Layer". When you are using https:// to access your site, the data is transferred in an encrypted format . This can be useful for highly sensitive data transfers like credit card numbers, passwords etc.
To add your SSL certificate, follow these simple steps:
- Connect to your server using SFTP.
- Go to /var/www/ssl directory
- Create a directory with the same name as the site’s domain name
- Upload the certificate, the key and bundle in that directory.
- Rename the files with this naming convention:
- Open a technical ticket to activate the SSL certificate.
More information is available here: https://kb.iweb.com/hc/en-us/articles/230244368-Installing-SSL-certificates