NOTE: Let's Encrypt is not officially supported by iWeb Customer Service, however, our Technical Support will offer assistance on a best effort basis.
Follow these instructions to install a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate:
- Log into your server as Root.
- Type the following command to install the Git version control system:
apt-get install git
- To download the latest version of Let's Encrypt, type the following command:
git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
- Type the following commands:
- The Let's Encrypt client downloads and installs several packages in a Python virtual environment. Press 'Enter' to accept the Terms of Agreement.
- Press 'Enter' again to specify the server name manually.
- In the text box, type your domain name (including www) and then press 'Enter'.
- Enter an email address and then press 'Enter'.
- Review the terms of service and then press 'Enter'. Let's Encrypt generates and installs the SSL certificate.
- You will receive the following message:
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled https://www.domainexample.com!
- You can test your configuration at: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.domainexample.com
- Press 'Enter' again. The Let's Encrypt client will display configuration information about your installation before exiting.
NOTE: Let's Encrypt issues certificates that expire after 90 days. To renew the certificate, simply re-run the letsencrypt-auto script again.