Expertise level: Easy
Connectivity to R1Soft is essential to maintain backup policies. Custom firewalls configured with your Windows OS should allow for connectivity to port 1167. Follow these instructions:
1) Open the Windows Firewall: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings
2) FOR INBOUND RULES: Click on 'Inbound Rules' and right click on 'Inbound Rules. In the contextual menu, select 'Add Rules'. In the 'New Inbound Rule Wizard' window, select 'Port under Rule Type'. Click 'Next'.
2) FOR OUTBOUND RULES: Click on 'Outbound Rules' and right click on 'Outbound Rules. In the contextual menu, select 'Add Rules'. In the 'New Outbound Rule Wizard' window, select 'Port under Rule Type'. Click 'Next'.
3) Select 'Protocol and Ports' and choose 'TCP'. Select 'specific local ports and enter 1167. Click Next.
4) Go to 'Action' and select 'Allow this connection'. Click Next.
5) Go to 'Profile' and click Next.
6) Go to 'Name'. In the Name field, enter a relevant identifier for the rule (Ex R1Soft v5 Agent). In the Description field, enter relevant information (Ex TCP port 1167 for R1Soft v5 Agent). Click Finish.
7) Repeat steps 3 - 6 for Outbound Rules.