This tutorial assumes you've already created your new email account in your web hosting account..... typically through your hosting control panel.
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Netscape, so you'll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking Create a new account.
The New Account Setup wizard opens.
2) Ensure the Email account option is selected.....
3) Then click Next.
4) Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From field of emails you send.
5) Then enter your new email address here.
6) Click Next.
Now you have to enter your Incoming (POP3) server name, which would have been provided to you in your welcome email.
Typically, the Incoming POP3 server name is mail.yourdomain.com, where 'yourdomain.com' must be replaced with your own domain name.
7) Enter your POP3 server setting now.
8) Click Next.
9) Now enter the email username as provided to you by your hosting provider..... this may be the entire email address (email@example.com), or just the username prefix (john)..... check your welcome email to be sure.
10) Then click Next.
11) Enter an Account Name here.... this can be anything you want, as it will simply be the way you refer to this email account.
12) Click Next.
13) Click Finish to exit the wizard.
We're almost finished! But first let's go finish configuring our email properties.
14) Click John's Email, the address we just setup.
15) Now click here to edit the account settings.
16) Enter a Reply To address here.
17) Then enter an Organization name here.
18) Now click the Outgoing Server (SMTP) link here.
19) Now enter your Outgoing (SMTP) server setting in this box.
20) Then the username for the new email account.
Depending on your ISP (Internet Service Provider), you may not be able to use the SMTP server setting provided by your hosting provider; you may have to use the SMTP server setting supplied by your ISP.
If you are unable to send emails from your new account after it's setup, try changing this SMTP setting to that provided by your ISP, and try again.
21) Click OK when finished.
That's it! We've successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, from Netscape.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in Netscape. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.