Expertise level: Easy
Phishing emails will usually ask you to send personal information in reply to the email or will contain a link to an illegitimate website where you are asked to sign in or provide personal information.
In order to protect yourself from phishing scams, please remember to examine the email header and reply-to address, and the destination of any links in the email.
Please remember that:
- iWeb will only send email from an iweb.com email address
- The iWeb Control Center website address begins https://account.iweb.com/
- Please note the https and the .com/
- There is always a / (slash) after .com
- iWeb will never ask you for personal information, including passwords, by email
If you receive a questionable email:
- Never provide your user ID or password in an email
- Do not respond to emails threatening to close your account
- Verify the destination of any links on the page before clicking
- To log in safely, go to iWeb.com and follow the links to the Control Center / login